Head of School
Welcome from the Head of School
Hickory Grove Christian School seeks to be distinctively different, distinctively Christian. There is a sincere concern for relationships that permeates the culture here at Hickory Grove.
We endeavor to honor our Lord by offering a continuously improving rigorous academic program at all levels. This includes a revised reading and writing program at the elementary level as well as the addition of a special education program in all grades and a new Gifted and Talented program for the elementary and middle schools coupled with an extensive Advanced Placement program (14 courses).
We offer a variety of sports that challenge our student athletes to live out their faith in the spirit of competition while providing the opportunity to use their gifts as a platform to share their faith with others. Our Arts Department offers a variety of opportunities to communicate the Gospel in a variety of artistic ways (drama, music and dance). Our emphasis on technology is evident as we seek to develop an atmosphere that promotes cooperation and collaboration which transcends the walls of our classroom.
Last and most important, we seek for Hickory Grove Christian School to be a school that lives “on mission” by exalting Christ in all that we do, whether through our Chapel services, day-to-day discussions in our classrooms, or rigorous Bible education. Our students also engage in various community partnerships to serve students and families. They also travel domestically serving inner-city churches and internationally to spread Christ’s love abroad.
This missional philosophy with our focus on a Biblical worldview is accomplished while sending graduating seniors to 125 colleges and universities, including all U.S. military academies, in just 11 years.
We sincerely appreciate your desire to explore Hickory Grove Christian School for your child's education. It would be an honor to partner with you in this journey.
In His Service,
Jimmie Quesinberry, Ed.D.
Head of School
"Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.”
Hickory Grove Christian School exists...
As a ministry of Hickory Grove Baptist Church, we exist "To know Christ and to make Him known through Christian education."
What guides us?
God's word as revealed in the biblical scriptures guides us. Matthew 6:33 says "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you."
What do we do?
As a school, our mission is "To equip students to serve God in the 21st century by providing an excellent academic program founded upon a biblical worldview."
What do we believe?
- Christian faith is the basis for all endeavors of the school as we seek Christ first in all that we do. (Matthews 6:33)
- We believe that all subjects should be taught through a biblical worldview.
- We believe that Christian education is a collaborative effort among the home, church, and school.
- We believe that the primary goals of Christian education are the salvation and discipleship of the next generation, and must have an eternal perspective.
- We believe that success at HGCS is measured not only by the student's leadership, personal excellence, and integrity, but moreover by their life commitment to Jesus Christ.
- We believe in an academically stimulating environment that will fully prepare students to meet the challenges they will be faced with in their future.
- We believe students have varied learning styles. As they are engaged in the learning process, we provide a variety of instructional strategies to support their learning.
- We believe that each student is created in God's image and possesses unique physical, social, and academic needs.