Registration Information and Admissions Process
REGISTRATION FEE (K5 - 12TH GRADE):
REGISTRATION FEE: $400.00 (January - February 28)
LATE ENROLLMENT REGISTRATION FEE:
$600.00 (March 1 - May 31)
$800.00 (June 1 or later)
$600.00 (March 1 - July 31)
$800.00 (August 1 and later)
-Registration fee is non-refundable -Registration fee is not applied toward tuition
RE-ENROLLMENT - January 3rd- 26th for Current HGCS Students
NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT: ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE AVAILABLE AS FOLLOWS:
- January 3 - 26, 2018 - Siblings of current HGCS Students and HGBC Weekday Program Participants
- Monday, February 5, 2018 - HGBC Members
- Monday, February 12, 2018 - Open to Public
Re-enrollment for Current HGCS Students and Siblings (New Student Applications)
Current HGCS families will re-enroll their current HGCS students through their Renweb Parent Portal. Current families MUST complete their on-line re-enrollment form by Friday, January 26, 2018 to secure a position for your child. If you have any questions, please contact the admissions office at 704-531-3589.
If you are submitting a new application for a HGCS sibling or a HGBC Weekday Program Participant, you will need to complete an online application beginning Wednesday, January 3, 2016. To secure a position for your child, this online application must be submitted by Friday, January 26, 2018. Online application can be found on the bottom of this page.
Securing a position for the 2018 - 2019 school year does not indicate acceptance to HGCS.
Prospective New Students
February 5 - 9, 2018 - Online applications are open only to HGBC Church members.
February 12, 2018 - Open to the Public - Online applications will be processed on a first come, first serve basis for all that apply.
New Student Applications may only be submitted online
New Student Admissions Process
- On-line Application
- Registration Fee - A non-refundable registration fee of $400 ($600 March 1 - July 31; $800 August 1 or later) is to be submitted with the online-application.
- Students applying for Kindergarten must be 5 years old on or before October 16, 2018
- Current Report Card required for all 1st - 12th grade applicants (must maintain a "C" average in individual core subjects: math, science, English, & history)
- Current Transcript required for all 10th - 12th grade applicants
- Copies of all educational and diagnostic testing (if applicable)
- Recommendations - Principal, Math and English Teacher recommendations required for all 6th - 12th grade applicants. (No referrals, suspensions or expulsions for one year)
- Academic Referral Form – required for all 1st – 5th grade applicants
- Pre-school Teacher Readiness Checklist form and Student Information Form – required for all prospective Kindergarten students
- Personal Character Recommendation - completed by Pastor, Sunday school teacher, athletic coach, etc. required for all 6th - 12th grade applicants.
- Student Questionnaire - required for all 4th - 12th grade applicants.
Testing is scheduled by the Admissions Office after receipt of all required Admissions forms. Grades K5 - 5th students will be given an evaluation on Monday, April 30, 2018. Grades 6th - 12th students will have various testing dates from March - July, 2018. Families will be notified by mail of times and location for the evaluation. Testing fee for all grades - $60.00
Interview Requirements (6th - 12th grade applicants only)
An interview appointment is made with the parents, student, and school principal once testing has been completed. This interview is an opportunity for philosophical discussions, a question and answer session, and a time to assess whether the HGCS program is the right fit for the students needs.
Official acceptance (or non acceptance) is communicated to all families in writing. Placement is based upon the outcome of the admissions procedures and space availability. Entrance decisions by the Admissions Committee are final and cannot be appealed. Only submission of all final required documents guarantees enrollment for your child.
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Previous School Records
- Custody Documents (if applicable) - court documents for custody decisions must be signed by a judge and notarized.
Hickory Grove Christian School admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. HGCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies.
Admissions Office Fax Number - 704-531-3509